What’s in a Caesar? Clam juice, tomatoes, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and seasonings. I’ve never been patient enough to get the measurements just right at home and have relied on bartenders to mix me up this concoction that feels somewhat healthy. It is healthy right? But a good Caesar mix is hard to find…until now!
WALTER is Canada’s first premium all-natural hand-crafted Caesar mix that’s ready for your convenience. Just add your desired amount of Vodka (or not) and enjoy! The company makes small batches of the mix using premium and all-natural ingredients to perfect the taste pleasing Caesar lovers everywhere. The mix is made with no MSG, no artificial colours or flavours, and no high fructose corn syrup.
There are two strengths of the mix available: Mildly Spiced and Well-Spiced. Both are very smooth and even my kids enjoy it (sans alcohol of course)! It’s a cleaner taste than others I’ve tried. But feel free to take it up a notch! On a recent cold winter’s night I wanted a bit more heat so I added even more hot sauce and fresh ground pepper. Soooo good!
Visit www.watercaesar.com for more information!
Fun Facts about the Caesar:
- The Caesar was invented in 1969 by restaurant manager Walter Chell of the Calgary Inn.
- The Caesar is often called a Blood Caesar.
- In 2009, the Caesar celebrated it’s 40th anniversary.
- The “Best Caesar in Town” competition is held each year as part of the PEI International Shellfish Festival.
- A similar drink in the US is the Bloody Mary only they don’t use clam juice but straight up tomato juice.
- The Caesar is traditionally served in a salt rimmed glass with a celery stalk.