One day, I’m going to write a book filled with quotes from my dad. He’s wise beyond words, although he would tell you otherwise.
Words that I live by….thanks dad!
1. Don’t brag. If you’re that good others will pat your back for you.
2. It’s better to be a big fish in a small pond, than a small fish in the sea.
3. You can be good at what you do…but always think how you can do better.
4. Do things because you want to and without expectations.
5. Every person has a story.
6. Every experience is a life lesson. Good or bad. Move on.
7. Don’t be afraid of ghosts. If you’ve done nothing to them, they won’t do anything to you. (I just like this one – and it goes beyond ghosts)
There are many others life lessons he’s instilled in me but as we are getting older, it’s all becoming clearer. I look at life with a certain peace and every moment as an experience.
What have your parents taught you?