Here’s a great event that will fill your belly and do some good! On Thursday, February 27, Toronto’s St. Lawrence North Market will play host to FoodShare’s 5th annual RECIPE FOR CHANGE Event!
This year will host 30 chefs, 20 VQA Wines and 6 local breweries all in support of groundbreaking programs getting students to grow, cook and eat good healthy food.
Some of this year’s participants include ….
• Valdez and chef/owner Steve Gonzalez brings his unique brand of “Latin Street Party” to the table this year with his hot tamales
• Pukkah Indian Cuisine’s flavour forward fare
• Wind Up Bird Café with restaurateur Sang Kim and chefYumiko serve up the season’s best
• Table 17 and Ascari Enoteca with Chef John Sinopoli
• Santo Pecado’s Paola Solarzano heats things up with chicken chilaquiles, Mexico City style
• Pizzeria Libretto and Enoteca Sociale with Chef Rocco Agostino
• The Park Hyatt Toronto’s Annona Restaurant’s Chef Joan Monfaredi offers Pulled Buschbeck braised lamb sliders with a spiced mustard glaze, crunch Slaw and sesame tooney
• Lisa Marie and Fidel Gastro’s Matt Basile
• TO Ceviche Bar offers guests the quintessential Peruvian classic- mixed seafood ceviche
• Beamsville Bench’s Good Earth Winery’s Therese De Grace offers a mouth-watering vegan Morrocan stew
• SOMA Chocolate Makers decadent, bean to bar chocolate treats • A selection of Black Oak Brewing and Great Lakes Brewery craft beers and small batch crafted Walter Caesar cocktails
• VQA Wines including offerings from Rosewood Estates, Southbrook Vineyards, Chateau des Charmes and Henry of Pelham, Good Earth Winery, coffee by Crema Coffee Co. and organic teas by certified tea sommelier Carol Mark
In the spirit of the theme, RECIPE FOR CHANGE will engage some students they’ve worked with in their programs to participate in the festivities.
You won’t want to miss this! For more event details or to purchase tickets, please visit www.foodshare.net/recipeforchange