Something we cherish in the summer time is the abundance of fruits from the southern parts of our province. Plump and juicy peaches will be in season soon and we’ve taken note of this particular recipe that is perfect for gifting and entertaining!
Created by Chef Tim Mackiddie of Jackson-Triggs Estate Winery, this regional and seasonal jam uses wine and fresh ingredients to “turn up” the flavours of summer. Serve with your charcuterie board at your next patio party or picnic.
Jackson-Triggs Savoury Sauvignon Blanc and Peach Jam
- 6 Ripe local peaches, peeled and diced
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small bunch of fresh thyme, picked from stems and chopped
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup Jackson-Triggs Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 cup water
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. corn starch
- 2 tbsp. cold water
- Place a medium pot over medium heat and add in 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- When the pot is hot, add the onions and garlic. Cook while stirring until tender (roughly 3-5 minutes).
- Next add in peaches, honey, Sauvignon Blanc and water.
- Gently simmer for 15 minutes or until the peaches are just tender.
- Mix together the corn starch and cold water until it forms a smooth paste.
- Whisk in lime juice, chopped thyme and corn starch mixture.
- Continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Makes roughly 6 cups.